Friday, February 18, 2011

Random Thoughts

        I have about 2 months till the 5K, I looked at double jogging strollers...wow, not cheap. Even the used ones are pricey. So I actually haven't started running lol but I'm planing on it. I need to get really strick with my schedule and make time for it. I'm pretty proud of myself, I have cut way back on drinking pepsi/coke. I only drink 1 per day now.... That's a step in the right direction, right? I even took my vitamin (adult chewable gummies, its the only way to go) without Rowdy having to remind me today lol. Im tierd of not fitting into any of my clothes! I will start being physicaly active (I'm not a big fan of the word "workout", saying "active" makes me think it could be something fun) and geting into shape. I'm going to believe in God for the energy and motivation to get healthy. Joyce even as a scripture for it, well, kinda, if you combine 1Corinthians 9:27 and 1 Timothy 4:8 you come up with something like..."I take good care of my body. I eat right, I look good, I feel good, and I weigh what God wants me to weigh."
        On a completely different note, I'm in a small group at church and we are reading Joyce Meyers book, Me and My Big Mouth. This is exactly what I needed. Its about speaking to your "mountains" not speaking about your "mountains". Instead of griping, complaining, and being negative about a situation, we should be positive and use the Word of God to change the situation. It made a really good point that I had never thought about, when you speak positive things about yourself and your life you are agreeing with God, but when you speak negative things about yourself and your life you are agreeing with the Devil. God only wants good for you and the Devil only wants bad. That really put a whole new spin on it for me. Jesus said our words are very powerful and we will be held responsible for them. (Matthew 12:37 For by your words yo will be justified and acquitted, and by your words you will be condemed and sentenced.) The little phrases that we use all the time are really things we should never be saying. Like "This child is driving me crazy!" and "Love ya to death". NO, he isn't making me crazy and I would never wish death apon anyone. We can speak things into being so we need to be careful what we are saying. This was a real eye opener for me. I was amazed with the things that came flying out of my mouth!! I don't want to be negative about situations and I defiantly don't want to agree with the Devil or speak bad things into existence. Because if I say "This child is driving me crazy" enough, eventually I will believe it. So from now on if anyone hears me saying something that I shouldn't or being negative in the slightest way, pinch me! This is my new project for myself (other than running a 5K). I'm asking God to guide my tongue and only allow his will to be spoken, not the Devils. (Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit or it. Ephesians 4:29 Let no evil talk come out of your mouths, but only what is useful for building up, as there is need, so that your words may give grace to those who hear.)

No comments:

Post a Comment